QuikHEAL is an broad-spectrum antifungal and antibacterial ointment, containing sulphur and copper sulphate to heal greasy heel and other skin conditions fast.
Why do I need it?
– Fast Acting
– Antibacterial and antifungal
– Easy to use ready to apply formula
– Highly effective against infection
– Thick ointment is easy to apply and also does not run off easily
– Water resistant – acts as a barrier to keep moisture away from the area.
– Treats a broad range of conditions including:
Nicks & cuts
What is greasy heel?
Greasy Heel is a fungal disorder of horses which occurs behind the pastern when they have been standing or walking on wet grass or mud for prolonged periods. More common in horses with white legs, it can be seen as a red area which may result in cracking of the skin surface.
How does QuikHEAL work?
– As soon as bacteria and or fungi enter broken skin they iname the skin causing mild to severe irritation.
– The active ingredients in QuikHEAL effectively kill the bacteria and fungi.
– QuikHEAL is water resistant aiding in its longevity on the wound once applied.
– The combination of sulphur and copper sulphate in QuikHEAL also aids in providing an unfavourable environment for bacteria and helps to prevent reinfection.
– QuikHEAL works as a water barrier to allow the anti-fungal ingredients to do their job.
It was the only thing that workedBy: Amanda on 19 August 2020One horse had a particularly persistent type of greasy heal this season and products that had worked on previous cases did not work on this one; until I used Quickheal. I was able to massage it into the affected area and the scabs came off easily without upsetting the horse and it cleared up in a couple of weeks (even when we had a very wet winter).
Kelato QuickhealBy: R M on 4 April 2019I regularly recommend this product for fast acting treatment of greasy heel. The lumps are softened and begin to fall out from the first application - it's much gentler than scrubbing and the horse objects less. For particularly bad outbreaks, bandaging for a few days can help it work faster (as directed on the label)