Super Secure Black Nylon Mesh Fly Veil with one security step up from Wild Horses famous standard fly veils.
- Extra-wide top strap for a super secure fit
- Under chin strap with elastic for comfort
- For horses that are extra cheeky but still need the best!
- 3 Dart design allows for full eye clearance, helps prevent collapse on eyes and damage to eyesight as recommended by Vets.
- Unique Nylon Mesh does not absorb the heat from the sun or burn your horse’s face
- Unique Black Nylon Mesh with 70% better visibility
- Fleece at all contact points for comfort
- Triple lock Velcro under jaw for security
- Elastic under jaw for movability
To get the Ultimate shape Fly Veil for your horse
- After removing your Fly Veil from packaging, it may have creases caused by fold lines. This is easily resolved.
- Boil your water jug at home.
- When water is boiling, place creased area over direct steam for 3 - 5 seconds.
- Remove from steam and push Fly Veil into the ideal shape to fit your horse.
- Repeat if needed.
- Do not hold Fly Veil over steam for longer than 10 seconds as it is not needed.
- Beware Fly Veil will be hot after being over steam.
- Do not put fingers or any body part over direct steam as it is extremely hot and will burn.
- We recommend that the ends of all eye darts are steamed and pushed out at the same time with a utensil (see image below), this helps to stop any inverting of dart ends and creates more of the desired dome shape for full eye clearance.
- If end of dart is indented gently push out with the end of a utensil while over steam.
Wild Horse Fly Veil sizes are based on halter sizes which will determine the size of the Fly Veil. Available in Small Pony, Pony, Cob, Full and Extra Full. If your horse is in-between sizing we always recommend going up a size, it is easy to adjust the velcro closure under the jaw and this will allow for important extra eye-clearance. If you have any doubts about the sizing, please contact us so we can ensure you are choosing the correct size for your horse.
For a tighter closure around your horses’ jaw either fold the soft velcro over or place the soft velcro at an angle inside the hard velcro closure. It’s a good idea to experiment with different angles/closure methods to achieve the perfect fit around your horse’s jaw.
Fitting a Fly Veil:
- Check Fly Veil is in perfect condition before putting on horse.
- Press eye darts out to their full extent as they may have become flattened in packaging. Please see our Steaming Instructions if needed.
- Place Fly Veil on horse, adjust poll strap either up or down to get the perfect fit around the eyes, brow and nostril area. A dome shape should be created around the eye so the eye is not affected. The nose flap should sit just above the nostril and not inhibit it in any way.
- Secure Fly Veil to a comfortable fit under jaw. Do not over-tighten. You should be able to fit two/three fingers under the Fly Veil. If a tighter fit is necessary try closing the soft Velcro strap at an angle inside the hard Velcro.
- Pull forelock out from under the Fly Veil.
- Any Fly Veil creases will settle soon after use if not already steamed out.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ashbree Saddlery users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.