The antibacterial qualities of Yellow Lotion control low-grade infection, while it's astringent action causes contraction of the blood vessels, stops discharge, and controls excessive granulation (proud flesh). Yellow Lotion has a sedative effect on the exposed nerve ends. When applied to the wound, the sensation is a cooling and soothing one; it does not sting.
- reduces discharge, reduces scab formation and soothes open wounds.
- controls infections in skin wounds
- protects and dries skin wounds encouraging healing
- does not accumulate dirt and debris
- useful for both immediate first aid and long term treatment
- does not contravene racing regulations
- effective first aid treatment for burns, girth galls, inflamed bruise and sprains in addition to abrasions, open wounds and proud flesh.
50.5g zinc sulphate, 50.5g lead acetate and 0.09g Acriflavine
Directions for use:
Shake bottle well before use. Be sure to flush the wound of dirt and debris before applying Yellow Lotion. Soak pad of cotton wool with Yellow Lotion and bandage onto affected area. Areas difficult to bandage should be dabbed liberally and frequently.
Use protective gloves, avoid contact with eyes and skin, and avoid breathing vapour.
For the healing effect to be continuous and most immediate, it is preferable that Yellow Lotion be applied to fresh, open wounds soaked in a gauze or cotton wool pad and held in place with a bandage. For serious wounds, a fresh dressing may be applied daily.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ashbree Saddlery users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.