Wild horse's NEW Super Strength mesh rugs with attached hood and ears is made from a slightly heavier weight mesh for strength, durability and coolness. Great for horses that are tough on standard rugs.
- NEW Super strength Mesh fabric in ice blue colour.
- Superior design with contoured backline and double cross surcingles ensure this rug stays in place.
- Extra length in neck for comfort.
- Better fitting options at the chest to allow for more adjustment and to help prevent creep back, which leaves exposed buckles against horses skin
- Quality webbing and heavy duty buckles
- Extended chest & shoulder dart lining protection to alleviate rubbing
- Extended fleece on wither pressure point to help prevent oedemas which are a common problem caused by poorly designed rugs
- O-Rings on belly straps
- Generous and shaped tail flap provides great rump protection.
- Made for Australian horses and climates
This Wild Horse Australia product utilises Insect Shield® Patented technology process to tightly bond Permethrin to the fabric. These products help to provide optimum protection all year round, from Permethrin sensitive, disease carrying insects. They are approved by the EPA & the World Health Organisation to last through 25 detergent washed or six months full time weathering. The protection is odourless so it will not affect your horses sensitive sense of smell. It is Insect protection that remains in your horse rug, not in your horse. Insects can bite through around or under standard fabrics. This product offers long term Insect Protection.
Michelle PBy: Michelle Philpotts on 10 January 2019Very happy with this rug. It's a good fit from head to tail and seems to be giving my horse the relief from mosquitoes that she needed. Horse is comfortable even in temperatures close to 40 degrees. Even without the insect repelling properties this would be a good rug.
Indestructible RugBy: Mandy on 28 February 2017My horse is in a communal paddock and kills rugs. I had him in the Wildhorse cotton rugs which are my all-time favourite, but with a week of 40 degree days I knew I had to get him into something cooler and no rug is not an option - he will rub himself until he bleeds. The lighter mesh rugs don't last so I tried this one. And it is pretty much indestructible. I love it!! For show horses, it does rub a little hair out and the normal mesh would be better. But for me this is the perfect option.