Introducing our NEW Patented Triple Dart design Fly Veil for cool clear vision.
- New triple darts designed to prevent collapse on eyes.
- The veils utilise a new nylon mesh with 70% better visibility offers perfect clear vision protection around the eye area.
- Keeps eye area clear as recommended by Vets.
- Black colour to prevent damage to eye sight.
- Fleece edging to prevent rubbing.
- Elastic under chin to allow for movement & comfort.
- Triple lock Velcro fastening for added security.
To get the Ultimate shape Fly Veil for your horse
- After removing your Fly Veil from packaging, it may have creases caused by fold lines. This is easily resolved.
- Boil your water jug at home.
- When water is boiling, place creased area over direct steam for 3 - 5 seconds.
- Remove from steam and push Fly Veil into the ideal shape to fit your horse.
- Repeat if needed.
- Do not hold Fly Veil over steam for longer than 10 seconds as it is not needed.
- Beware Fly Veil will be hot after being over steam.
- Do not put fingers or any body part over direct steam as it is extremely hot and will burn.
- We recommend that the ends of all eye darts are steamed and pushed out at the same time with a utensil (see image below), this helps to stop any inverting of dart ends and creates more of the desired dome shape for full eye clearance.
- If end of dart is indented gently push out with the end of a utensil while over steam.
Wild Horse Fly Veil sizes are based on halter sizes which will determine the size of the Fly Veil. Available in Small Pony, Pony, Cob, Full and Extra Full. If your horse is in-between sizing we always recommend going up a size, it is easy to adjust the velcro closure under the jaw and this will allow for important extra eye-clearance. If you have any doubts about the sizing, please contact us so we can ensure you are choosing the correct size for your horse.
For a tighter closure around your horses’ jaw either fold the soft velcro over or place the soft velcro at an angle inside the hard velcro closure. It’s a good idea to experiment with different angles/closure methods to achieve the perfect fit around your horse’s jaw.
Fitting a Fly Veil:
- Check Fly Veil is in perfect condition before putting on horse.
- Press eye darts out to their full extent as they may have become flattened in packaging. Please see our Steaming Instructions if needed.
- Place Fly Veil on horse, adjust poll strap either up or down to get the perfect fit around the eyes, brow and nostril area. A dome shape should be created around the eye so the eye is not affected. The nose flap should sit just above the nostril and not inhibit it in any way.
- Secure Fly Veil to a comfortable fit under jaw. Do not over-tighten. You should be able to fit two/three fingers under the Fly Veil. If a tighter fit is necessary try closing the soft Velcro strap at an angle inside the hard Velcro.
- Pull forelock out from under the Fly Veil.
- Any Fly Veil creases will settle soon after use if not already steamed out.
Wild Horse 3 Dart Fly MaskBy: Deb Bower on 5 December 2019This product is really good. I'd say size is more a cob than full, (which I was advised at time of purchase) however fits my cob sized horse perfectly
3 dart flymaskBy: Drew on 7 May 2019I have tried every mask available and this one is definitely by far the most awsome mask yet. The 3 dart strength has held up perfectly on my horse who needs a mask 24/7 due to eye issues. Will be buying a few more for sure.
Best fly masks!By: Kristy on 19 March 2019I've tried a lot of fly masks over the years and these are absolutely the best ever. The mesh is strong and durable and has better visibility than most.
Well made but unsuitable fabricBy: Joan Smith on 18 March 2019Returned as had not realized it was fleece lined and not suitable for dry dusty Australian conditions; fleece attracts everything
Wild horse fly veilBy: Penny on 14 January 2019Great fly mask, good vision, secure fastening, just not a great fit for one of mine
Great productBy: Kerri on 27 November 2018I really like these, they aren’t too dark and with the extra Velcro they rarely come off. I have bought them for all my horses now, and would highly recommend.
Best fly veilsBy: Oriel on 26 November 2018I am a convert to these fly veils after trying them 2 years ago. They are very durable and I am still using my original ones as they have held their shape over the eyes following 2 seasons of use.
Great productBy: Hannah on 13 March 2018Excellent quality. Will definitely buy again.
Very good!By: Sara on 9 February 2018It's got great visibility and sits away from the eye nicely.
great fly veilsBy: Debby on 15 February 2017I have searched far and wide for a fly veil that had good eye clearance and wouldn't collapse down and touch the eyes. I am very happy with these Wild Horse veils so far. The mesh is stiffer than others I've tried and the three darts give it better strength and clearance over the eye.
Lovely fitBy: Michelle on 6 January 2017Perfect fit Dont waste your money on cheaper ones my mare was getting them off everyday But with this one she doesnt even try to get it off