WHAT IS GNF?
GNF (Gut Nutrition Formula) is a unique supplement, for daily feeding to horses prone to gastric disturbances. GNF plays a role in maintaining optimum gut health and function, allowing maximum utilisation of feed.
WHAT IS IN GNF PELLETS?
• Fructooligosaccharides – a prebiotic which feeds the beneficial bacteria in the hind gut.
• Glutamine – an important amino acid for the repair of epithelial cells.
• Threonine – an amino acid, if restricted may limit intestinal mucin synthesis.
• Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Hydroxide – these alkaline materials neutralize excessive Ph.
• Seaweed Extract – this creates a floating raft of gel which protects the non glandular part of the stomach.
• Minerals: GNF contains both Calcium and Magnesium: two components which are key nutrients in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
WHY ARE GASTRIC ULCERS SO COMMON?
Up to 93% of Racehorses and 60% of Sports horses have been found to suffer from ulceration after endoscopic examination (Hammond et al ).
Other reasons for the high prevalence of gastric ulcers can be attributed to high concentrate/low forage diets; stall confinement; stress induced by exercise; mixing with strange animals and introduction to new surroundings.
Foals may also become extremely stressed at weaning due to diet change and separation from the mare which an initiate the formation of gastric lesions.
Proper nutritional support is a vital component in ensuring that valuable competition horses maintain a healthy digestive system during training.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
All or any of the following may indicate EGUS:
• Loss of condition, appetite and weight loss.
• The “poor do-er” that you can’t get right.
• Staring, dull coat or colic symptoms.
• Reduction in performance and stamina.
• Stable vices: wind sucking or crib biting, unsettled in training.
• Sour disposition, avoiding hard feed – preferring hay.
These symptoms are the results of physical discomfort and inefficient utilisation of nutrients due to lesions on the gastric endothelium.GNF is a combination of minerals, amino acids, and a prebiotic which have a role in general metabolism and are required for normal feed conversion. It should be used to complement the feedingstuff of horses.
FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS – GNF PELLETS
GNF pellets should be added to the normal feed ration.
Adult Horses: Feed 50g twice daily.
Ponies & Foals: Feed 25g twice daily.
Fresh drinking water should be available at all times.
Complementary feed–stuff for horses.
COMPOSITION – GNF PELLETS per 100g per 1 kg
Calcium Carbonate 20,000mg 200,000mg
Magnesium Hydroxide 10,000mg 100,000mg
Seaweed Extract (from Laminaria Hyperborea) 10,000mg 100,000mg
Fructo-oligosaccharides 10,000mg 100,000mg
Glutamine 3,800mg 38,000mg
Threonine 4,720mg 47,200mg
Excipients and Binders(Full Fat Soya, Kaolin) 41,480mg 414,800mg
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Ashbree Saddlery users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.